Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Host Family

So I have now spent two nights with my host family, the señora, Marina, is in her late 60´s as far as we can tell and her son is in his mid 40´s and still lives in the house and seems to avoid us as much as possible. There are three of us in the same room, which is rather cramped. There is a bunk bed and one single bed, and I am pretty sure they are meant for 5 year olds because we all hang off of the end of the beds. The food is amazing, the first night we had Valencian paella, which has been the best dish thus far.

The reason I have not been posting here or been able to Skype any of you back home is because the only place I have a connection to the internet is at the university, and right now is the first time I have had a chance to set down at a computer there. There are like three "internet cafes" nearby the apartment but so far none of them actually have had internet so apparently they don´t have penalties for false advertisement here.

I have taken around 3.3 GB of photos so far, I think like around 900 photos or so. When I get a chance I will start to post them and maybe write about where they are from and such, but for now this post is all I can do.

I have class from 10:40 until 2:00 and will be hitting up the beach this afternoon. So until the next post, keep it classy Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment